Tuesday

August Update

Alex & I spoke together for the first time as a married couple in church on Sunday. I spoke for 8 minutes, and he had to fill the rest of the time ;) I always love hearing stories from his mission, they are pretty unbelievable, so I was excited that was his topic. I had to speak on reverence, we suspect because Alex is always teasing me and making me giggle during sacrament meeting...
We got to spend some time at the star valley cabin with the Mortensen's, and I caught my first fish! Alex got some good biking time in with his dad, and we came back in town to hit up the last night of the county fair. We had fun just walking around, and Alex was in heaven with the Thai bbq stand. He kept going back for more. Work is winding down for me, as the MEES, or migrant education, program of the ELC is closing due to lack of funds. I'm so sad, but have been loving the last 9 months. Alex luckily works with a different department, and I'm staying on as a volunteer, so we will still be involved with the families for awhile. School starts for us both on Monday, and Alex is getting so excited for his Europe trip. I'm slowly forgiving him, as he did after all surprise me with two new books today- Mockingjay & Ender's Game. He knows how to win me over. I'm in the middle of the third Harry Potter book, getting inspiration for our upcoming harry potter party (I'm determined to have one celebrating the new movie). My cousin Sara got married on Saturday, with a sweet little outdoor wedding/picnic/dancing in Ogden, and it was fun to see all of the family. It's strange how the older I get, the more time I wish I could spend with them all. We are so blessed to live by Alex's family and get to see them often. It will be interesting to see where we end up in the next few years....

We had a good time at the wedding. There must've been something in the lemonade...

No comments:

Post a Comment